Photo of the Week




I'm finally back from traveling after two solid weeks of being on the move. Here is a photo of my favorite dessert that I tried in Prague, Czech Republic. It's called a trdelnik (pronounced like turtleneck) and it's basically a giant churro with ice cream and whipped cream. I'll dream of trdelniks while I start studying for exams in the upcoming weeks.

Q & A about my post:

  • Lilly asked if I took all of the protest photos myself or if I got them from online
    • I took all of the photos of the protest myself
  • Katelyn asked how far apart my timezone is from Portland
    • England is 8 hours ahead of Portland
  • Sami, Christian, Phil, and Juan want to know how often the protests happen
    • They're starting to happen pretty often. The most recent one was the extinction march from a couple weeks ago, but I was traveling so I couldn't go. I'd say that there is at  least one small one  every month in Bristol alone. 
  • Genaro wants to know why the government doesn't just help people get AC so that the heat won't affect them as much
    • Sadly it would be way too expensive for the government to give out free air conditioning. Also, a lot of houses in England are too old to  be able to support any sort of climate system. A 500 year old house just can't handle it.
  • Jessie and Andy asked what kind of currency we use here
    • We use the pound. It is worth about 1.25 U.S. dollars right now 
  • Alyssa wants to know why the government doesn't act before people start protesting
    • That's a great  question. I  don't really have an answer, but I'd say that the government doesn't  prioritize it enough and have only started to react because they don't want civil unrest or bad press.

Personal Q &  A:
  • Willa asked what kind of weather I prefer
    • I like warm weather (like 75ยบ and sunny) or cold weather as long as it's snowing. I don't like the rain though
  •  Ava wants to know if I like driving and where I like to go
    • I love driving, but I don't drive here in England since they drive on the opposite side of the road. Back home I do a lot of road trips and I love to drive to the beach. 
  • Elmina wants to know my favorite country
    • That's a hard question but I'd say that it would probably be Italy. The weather is perfect, the food is great, it has amazing history, and the people are nice. I also loved Portugal though so those two might be tied.

Comments

  1. hi im samantha and by the way you are a great photographer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Im matt, and do you eat, or drink the trdelnik?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am Annabelle I think your food looks so good and the ice cream thing you where eating looked good I look forward to looking at your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi my name is pavel and i love icecream

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi im fernando do you eat just that or do you drink it

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is that thing made of it looks like a ice cream cone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is Yimesgen and I like food

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi that looks so good!! I want that so bad! By the way my name is Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi my name is shelby that looks so good

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts