Photo of the Week



This week's photo is a bit more of a somber one. The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris burned down earlier this week. The cathedral was built in 1345 so for it to be destroyed is a huge loss. This is a photo that I took of the church from when I visited in 2014. It will eventually be rebuilt, but it will be hard to replace such a historic beauty and all of the priceless art that was inside.


Class questions:
  • Alex wants to know how the EU makes and regulates laws
    • They have a kind of parliament just like the U.K. Representatives from every country meet and can decide on laws and issues. They usually meet in Brussels. 
  • Lots of you wanted to know my favorite food
    • I don't really have one. In England I guess my favorite snack is fries (or “chips” in England) with melted cheese or beans on toast
  • Many asked what the weather is like
    • I'm actually not in England right now, but as far as I know it's still rainy and cold there. 
  • Jason asked how people dress here
    • They dress just like they do in the U.S. 
  • Many of you want to know my favorite sports and hobbies
    • I don't play sports or video games but I do enjoy scuba diving, surfing, and hiking

Comments

  1. hey its samantha again and i was wondering what is your favorite place to go also that is a very beautiful picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its jason that place is cool I would like to go there

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts